Enjoy a Unique Experience and Develop Valuable Skills in Rocky Mountain National Park
The Rocky Mountain Conservancy is excited to announce the High School Leadership Conservation Corps will host two sessions in 2024. This unique program will provide incoming or currently enrolled high school students (under the age of 18) with an immersive experience in Rocky Mountain National Park. Youth will participate in service-learning projects, development opportunities, and educational programming. The Conservancy hopes this experience will advance the understanding of the natural world, promote professional growth, and foster civic engagement in the next generation of public land stewards.
The Rocky Mountain Conservancy – Leadership Corps is committed to sharing the following values with youth:
- Environmental Stewardship — Participants will develop an understanding of natural systems and an awareness of public land agencies by completing service work and participating in educational programs. Service work will be related to trail maintenance, habitat restoration, wildfire mitigation, and historic preservation.
- Personal Leadership — Participants will gain valuable leadership skills related to communication, teamwork and group management in-classroom workshops and field-based skills training sessions to foster individual growth.
- Outdoor Skills — Participants will become competent in the skills required to comfortably travel and camp in the outdoors through experiential learning opportunities while camping and engaging in programming focused on backcountry skills.
The Leadership Corps is an immersive 10-day experience. Participants will camp in Rocky Mountain National Park for the duration of the experience. During the program, youth will complete service projects, participate in a variety of trainings, and camp in the backcountry. The experience will culminate with a picnic, and youth will be invited to reflect on their experience with Conservancy staff, NPS facilitators, and their families.
The Conservancy will select 6-8 youth (incoming or currently enrolled high school students under the age of 18 for the summer) to participate in the program.
Participants will receive a $400 stipend upon successful completion of the program. Additionally, the Rocky Mountain Conservancy provides housing (camping), work clothing, boots, and gear for the experience.
2024 Program Dates
Applications for the 2024 will open in late February 2024!
- Tuesday, June 11th — Friday, June 21st, 2024
- Tuesday, July 16th — Friday, July 26th, 2024
Information on the program can be found below:
Leadership Corps Announcement (English)
Leadership Corps Announcement (Spanish)
PLEASE NOTE: This program is intended for Colorado Residents.