- This event has passed.
Jan 8, 2023
Feeling comfortable snowshoeing on level ground? Then it’s time to tackle more challenging terrain with this intermediate level outing for older teens and adults, offered by Rocky Mountain Conservancy.
We’ll meet in downtown Estes Park, and travel together into Rocky Mountain National Park to spend a few hours in the woods. Our exact route will depend on the weather, but expect to travel 5-6 miles and ascend up to 1,000 feet. Along the way, your guides will offer snowshoeing tips and tricks, and discuss some of the winter ecology in RMNP. Bring your own snowshoes and poles, or borrow a pair from RMC.
Who: Adults and teen 16 and over
What to Bring:
- Warm winter layers, including a winter hat and gloves or mittens
- Sturdy winter boots or hiking boots (waterproof recommended)
- A daypack
- Plenty of water (at least 2 L)
- Snacks for the trail
- Dry socks and spare shoes for afterwards
- Snowshoes (optional)
- Poles (optional; hiking, trekking, or ski poles will all work!)
Where: Meet at the Estes Park Visitor Center and travel together into Rocky Mountain National Park
When: Sunday, January 8 or January 15, from 8 am to 12 noon
RMC members: Use the discount code you received in your membership email for 15% off!