- This event has passed.
Mindfulness Mini Retreats & Guided Hikes
Aug 6, 2023
Spend a day connecting with yourself and nature through yoga, hiking, guided meditation and journaling in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Estes Park Yoga and the Rocky Mountain Conservancy are excited to offer this series of mini retreats in gorgeous Rocky Mountain National Park. We will begin with an hour of yoga practice (all abilities welcome) at Estes Park Yoga’s outdoor yoga deck. This will be followed by a guided educational hike in Rocky Mountain National Park, where the focus will be on contemplation and connecting with the natural world. Along the way, we’ll pause for meditation and mindfulness exercises and take a longer break for lunch on the trail.
Who: Participants ages 16 and up. No prior yoga experience is necessary. Expect to hike up to three miles with an elevation gain of up to 500 feet. We will move at a relaxed pace and take ample breaks.
Sunday, August 6, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Where: Meet at the Estes Park Visitor Center, 500 Big Thompson Ave, Estes Park, to check in and board the Rocky Mountain Conservancy vehicle. Transportation to each location will be provided by Rocky Mountain Conservancy.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes for yoga and hiking. Please dress in layers as we will be outdoors as much as possible and the temperature is likely to vary. It will be cooler in the morning and warm up into the afternoon.
- Sturdy shoes or boots for hiking.
- Rain gear and sun protection. Afternoon showers are common.
- Snacks, and a bag lunch for full day sessions.
- Plenty of water. We recommend at 2 liters per person.
- Journaling materials (a notebook and pen or pencil).
- A day pack to keep your things together.
- Your own yoga mat, or borrow one from us. (You may leave your mat in our locked vehicle during the hike.)
Questions? Contact the Rocky Mountain Conservancy Education Team by phone at 970-586-3262 or by email at education@RMConservancy.org
About your instructor:
Diana (Nanda Devi) Laughlin (she/her) has been teaching hatha yoga and meditation for 12 years and studies at the ShambhavAnanda School of Yoga, based in Boulder, CO. She teaches at upper level Yoga Teacher Trainings and leads mindfulness workshops at libraries, non-profits, and schools in Colorado. Her specialty is teaching special populations, such as people in recovery, at support groups, and older adults, with a focus on inclusivity. Diana earned a B.S. in Psychology from Carnegie Mellon University and is registered with Yoga Alliance as an experienced teacher and continuing education provider. She is a certified Meditation Teacher and she leads workshops for yoga teachers, with a focus on making yoga accessible for everyone.
Please note that member discounts are not available for this event.